RE: Can CPP process only one "conditional" ?

Young, Michael wrote:

>> Doxygen's preprocessor is a very good candidate, as it seems to be
> doing exactly what I want with the tag EXPAND_ONLY_PREDEF.
>> More info here :
> http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/preprocessing.html
>>
>> That solves my question, although I would be curious to know if CPP
> can do the equivalent of doxygen.
>
> I don't believe this functionality is available as part of a standard
> CPP (i.e., it's not a requirement of the standard), and I don't recall
> any similar functionality in the actual implementations I've used.  (Of
> course, I could be wrong - I wasn't explicitly looking for this
> particular behavior.)
> However, you might want to check out Wave
> (http://spirit.sourceforge.net/old_docs/wave_v1_0/index.html) - it's a
> CPP based on the Boost Spirit parser.  I looked at it awhile back for a
> project - it's fairly capable; I don't know if it has what you want out
> of the box, but you can always modify it.  :-)
>   - Mike

Hello

A little to give a last feedback on this question.

In the end we decided to develop a perl script to expand our one specific
macro only.
The problem with Doxygen was that, even with the tag EXPAND_ONLY_PREDEF, it
expands all the #include. And we didn't want any other processing than just
one macro.

For our perl script I took inspiration from this
http://www.cabaret.demon.co.uk/filepp/ which I recommend.

Thanks to all for your help !