Re: malloc always returns null

Thanks for the suggestion, however I'm not sure what list you're referring to. Can you provide a link?

Thanks,

-ted

Andrew Haley wrote:
Ted Phares wrote:
Hi,

I'm attempting to configure the gcc 4.0.3 tool chain to compile c++
source on an ARM 9 (ARM926-ejs) target.  At this point, everything seems
to be working except malloc:  It always returns the null pointer.

I'm wondering if I've correctly configured my .ld script indicate the
location and size of the heap.  It was put together with a bit of
guesswork & patching together examples for other targets, since it's not
clear to me what symbols malloc() relies upon for locating the heap (is
this documented somewhere?).

Below are the command lines i'm using for compile/assemble/link & the ld
script.  Do they look substantially complete?

Questions like this really need the expertise of the binutils list.

Andrew.