Little Endian vs Big Endian

Hi All -

I have an application program which has several million lines of code and with structures and use a lot of bitfield ordering. This program was primarily compiled and run on Big Endian machines like SPARC and RS6000 processors. Now we are in the process of porting this to Linux on Intel (Little Endian). I have issues with the bitfield ordering obviously. Are there any tools which I can use to with gcc to identify potential potholes in the code regarding this. Any help pointer will be greatly appreciated.

With Regards

Vardhan