Re: int64_t == long long

John Love-Jensen wrote:
Hi Yang Zhang,

cout << typeid(int64_t).name() << endl;
cout << typeid(long long).name() << endl;
This prints:

What does this mean?

This means that they are not the same type.

HTH,
--Eljay

You're right, of course, and I knew they were different already, without needing to see the above output. I just wasn't sure if that was the correct/expected output (I was assuming I'd get a more human-friendly name).

Steering this thread back on track: I'm still not sure why these are different. So far, I know that both long long and int64_t are 64-bit signed integral types. They still don't have to actually be the same type, but I was hoping someone would be able to explain things to a bit more depth (e.g. rationale).
--
Yang Zhang
http://www.mit.edu/~y_z/