Re: [C++] IPv6 compatibility

Hi there,

in case you didn't realize: This posting is completely offtopic. Neither gcc nor g++ support IPv6, they support C oder C++, nothing more, nothing less. The named functions started supporting IPv6, whenever your OS kernel+stdclib started supporting it.

Rick Otten schrieb:
I'm trying to determine when gcc/g++ started supporting IPv6.

I'm working in an environment that soon will be dual stack (IPv4 and
IPv6).  We have a lot of legacy code.  I'm trying to figure out which
components may require being recompiled.

When did functions such as "gethostbyname()" start working with IPv6
addresses?