recompiling dlopen'ed modules crashes application

Hello

I've been struggling with a problem for some time now.
I have an application that compiles and loads modules with dlopen.
The problem is that if i try to recompile a module that is already
loaded with dlopen the application crashes with the following message:

<address> in __kernel_vsyscall ()

this also happens if I simply rm the module file.

I don't know if this is normal behavior, but I would like to be able to
recompile my modules on the fly.

All help greatly appreciated!

/Dacobi