problems to install gcc

Hi,

I've some problems to configure, build and install the gcc collection.
I downloaded the file gcc-4.3.0.tar.gz.
Then I started the console (bash) and decompressed the archive by typing:
 gzip -d gcc-4.3.0.tar.gz
 tar -xf gcc-4.3.0.tar
The source files are placed in the directory /usr/gcc-4.3.0, for example
 /usr/gcc-4.3.0/compile
 /usr/gcc-4.3.0/configure
 /usr/gcc-4.3.0/install-sh
Now I want to install the package to the directory /usr/gcc to use the compilers. I already read the documentation but there are so many commands and options, so I don't know what I have to do step by step. Can you give me the necessary commands and options to configure, build and install a standard version of gcc (with all libraries installed to compile standard C-applications) to my system?
I'm using SuSE Linux 10.1 on a "normal" desktop pc as root user.

Thanks for help!
Best regards,
Kay Schröer