Re: GCC 4.3.2 Install into Cygwin

John Love-Jensen wrote:
Hi Jim,

For Cygwin, you really should use the Cygwin SETUP.EXE to pull down the
pre-built GCC for Cygwin.

Why?  Because there are several technical issues with GCC that the Cygwin
folks are working hard to resolve.
The problem is that the Cygwin pre-built copy is only release 3.4.4. I need to have a more recent version, particularly to be able to use TR1.

I certainly do not want to go through all the work involved in building gcc if there is an easier alternative. But the version on Cygwin is just too old. If you are aware of some other site from which I can download a more current version of gcc I would appreciate being directed to it.
Did you follow the instructions for GCC?

http://gcc.gnu.org/install/

In particular, did you run "configure" from a separate build directory, not
in the GCC source code directory (nor any subdirectory thereof)?

Did you pull down and incorporate the needed components for GCC into the GCC
source directory?

HTH,
--Eljay
Yes I followed all of the steps from the web site. I am at the very last step, issuing the command "make install", which fails with the messages I quoted in my original post.

--
Jim Cobban   jcobban@xxxxxxxx
34 Palomino Dr.