Re: Why worse performace in euclidean distance with SSE2?

In my experience, SSE is generally more useful when you can optimize
your structures as SOA (struct of array) vs AOS (array of struct).  If
you expect a speed up by doing individual groups of pairs of doubles,
I doubt you'll see much improvement except in extreme situations, or
when the compiler might detect a pattern in your code.  Also, shuffles
etc... are killers.

Much better would be if you had 10000 of these things to take
distances at once, and you could lay out the data friendlier for SSE
(SOA).

  Brian