Re: Wrong assembler used with gcc 4.3.0 on Solaris 9

Langella Raphael wrote:
I don't understand why the default solaris assembler is used instead of the binutils one (which can be found at the very beginning of my PATH).

GCC has its own built-in paths for finding things. The best solution here is to always use the same --prefix when configuring binutils and gcc. And build and install binutils before building and installing gcc. Then gcc should automatically find binutils and everything should just work.

If it still doesn't work, you might need to add extra configure options like --with-gnu-as=/path/to/gnu/as, but these aren't needed normally.

Jim