Re: Function Lookup

Hi there,

Not really a gcc question, rather a question regrding the OS. You might want to check your Operting System manual concerning dnamic linking. As for Linux and some other Posix OSes, you might want to check the man pages for dlopen/dlsym etc.

Regards

-Sven

ANOOP schrieb:
Hi All,
         I want to implement a scenario, in which user enters a string
(function name), and my program executes it. This function is defined
in a 'shared library'. So basically, user can enter any string, and my
program needs to look up it in the shared library, if it finds execute
it.
Can this be achieved anyhow, and more over without re-compiling by
program, when shared library is updated with new function definitions.

Thanks,
Anoop