Re: configure: error: No support for this target/host combination.

Andrew Haley <aph@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>  > Out of curiosity, why couldn't libstdc++ and libssp build for this
>  > target? Is this a common issue for "non-mainstream" targets?
>
> I think I aleady asked: does your target OS not have open() ?

It's a little harder than that for libstdc++-v3.  The libstdc++-v3
configury needs to know about the target in order to implement locking
and to interface with things like ctype.  For a target like i386-elf,
libstdc++-v3 knows about newlib--you would need to configure with
--with-newlib, and you would need to walk through the steps required
to build newlib and gcc in the right sequence.  If not using newlib,
you would need to hack the libstdc++-v3 configury system to tell it
what to do.

Yes, this should ideally be easier.  No, I doubt that anybody is
actually working on making it easier.

Ian