Re: Another Gcc 4.2.2 Bug

Thomas Dineen <tdineen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>      To be blunt I am beginning to believe the GCC Project is
> something of a business
> hazard or fraud! The fact that it exists causes people to say well why
> not use it. Which
> motivates them to put significant time ant effort into building the
> tools. Only after wasting
> significant time and resources do they come to the conclusion that the
> code is UNUSABLE!
>
>       I believe that for the good of mankind and to protect the public
> >From this waist
> of resources that the Gcc 4.X.X releases should be removed from the
> public internet.
> If you people want to masturbate do it in private!

We will send you an immediate refund of all the money you have paid
us.

In the meantime, why not use a prebuilt version of gcc?  Why are you
trying to build gcc yourself?  It's certainly true that building gcc
on a platform which few gcc developers use, like Solaris, is not as
simple as it should be.  There are prebuilt versions of Solaris gcc
available at, for example, http://sunfreeware.com/.

Ian