Re: GCC does not build gfortran !!

On 12/8/07, Martin Krischik <krischik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > You can put this in a script:
> >
> > cd gcc
> >
> > wget -qO- ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gmp/gmp-4.2.2.tar.bz2 | tar xjf - &&
> > mv gmp-4.2.2 gmp
> >
> > wget -qO- http://www.mpfr.org/mpfr-current/mpfr-2.3.0.tar.bz2 | tar
> > xjf - && mv mpfr-2.3.0 mpfr
> >

> > The rest is seemless.  You don't even need to use the --with-gmp and
> > --with-mpfr options.  It's wonderful.
>
> Thanks for the hint - especially mentioning the need for "mv". I heard about
> this option before but then this "minor" detail not mentioned.

No problem.  I don't have much to offer, but where I can help, I do :)

FYI, the way that I understand it from previous emails I sent to the
gcc list is that when done this way, gmp and mpfr will be compiled
with an extremely compatible set of options, so it will definitely not
be optimized for yoru specific platform.  It'll work, though, which is
the important part.