Re: GCJ .jar to .so with native method

Joe Hoffert writes:

 > You're right that using gcj or g++ to link doesn't matter. The
 > difference with what I was doing before was the compiler/linker
 > options.

Can you let us know what in our instructions didn't give you the
information you needed?  It might help us improve our documentation.

 > One more question. Is there any advantage to converting a .jar
 > library to a .so library and using it as opposed to simply using
 > the original .jar file with the Java invocation API and the JNI to
 > call back to C++ from Java? I thought I would get a performance
 > increase with using the .so library but perhaps there are no
 > substantive differences between the two approaches.

You will probably get a performance increase, yes.  In particular,
calling native code from compiled code is very quick.

Andrew.

--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 3798903