Re: Scheduling and inserting NOPs

Hi!

Am 13.11.2007 um 19:14 schrieb Ian Lance Taylor:

Boris Boesler <baembel@xxxxxx> writes:

  1) As far as I can see some levels of optimization do not schedule
the code. To generate correct code I have to insert NOP-operations to
fill the delays (the architecture has no interlocks),

gcc is weak on VLIW support.  The scheduler does not insert NOPs for
you.

VLIWs? As I mentioned above the processor does not wait till the operands are evaluated; this must be done by the programmer/compiler by inserting NOPs or other instructions.

 I found some stuff for TI C4X/C6X processors ..

Boris