gcc-4.2.2 Build Failure - Fedora 7, i386, AMD 64x2

I have built gcc-4.2.2 successfully on the following hosts

  i386, Fedora 2 (2 hosts, AMD dual cpu)
  i386, Fedora 7 (1 host, Intel Core 2)

but the build fails on my AMD 64x2 running Fedora 7.

In all instances I have had to change my environment variable
LD_LIBRARY_PATH because,  for the first time I can remember since
before 2.95.2, librt is required for the build and I have a
conflicting librt that is normally in LD_LIBRARY_PATH ahead of
/usr/local/lib and /usr/lib.  The situation is the same on all the
hosts I support so that seems not to be a problem (I restore my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH after the successful builds and installations and have
had no problems compiling the main program I develop).

I used the same incantation  for all builds

(extract gcc)
mkdir gcc_build
cd gcc_build
../gcc-4.2.2/configure --program-suffix=-4.2.2
make
make install

I have a log of the entire failed build, but the last few lines show:

Using ggc-page for garbage collection.
Links are now set up to build a native compiler for i686-pc-linux-gnu.
updating cache ./config.cache
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating gccbug
config.status: creating mklibgcc
config.status: creating libada-mk
config.status: creating ada/Makefile
config.status: creating auto-host.h
config.status: executing default commands
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/gcc_build'
make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/gcc_build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

End of build

If I use make -k I get a little farther and then see:

make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Target `stage3-bubble' not remade because of errors.

Any hints or can I send more info?

Thanks.

-Tom

Tom Browder
Niceville, Florida
USA

P.S.  gcc-4.2.2 continues the long line of continuously improving gcc
compilers.  With it I found one more subtle error in a large program I
maintain.  My hats off to the gcc development team!  Thanks for all
your hard work and dedication.