Re: SV: Libtool versioning on FreeBSD

Hello Jon,

* Jon Theil Nielsen wrote on Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 12:44:06AM CEST:

> Thanks for your reply. I must admit that I'm not usually a programmer, so
> I'm not sure I understand all of your answer. /usr/bin/objformat does still
> exist. If I run run it without any parameteres, it returns a segfault, while
> the "test" statment completed without any problems or output.

That's the problem then: Libtool assumes that, if /usr/bin/objformat is
executable, then it can be run and produces useful output.

What you need to do is: either move /usr/bin/objformat out of the way
temporarily, or fix things so that it returns useful output.  Then
recompile whatever port belongs to gnome-libtool.

Sorry I can't be more precise, I'm not a FreeBSD expert at all.

Cheers,
Ralf