Re: RE: exceptions not caught from shared libraries loaded with dlopen

> Adding RTLD_GLOBAL to dlopen flags solves the problem for now. I have to
> investigate further. I stumbled across this behaviour while creating C++
> Wrappers for Python with Swig. The order of importing the generated wrapper
> libraries results in different result. Exceptions thrown in C++ will be
> caught one time the other time not. So I stripped down the generated wrapper
> code and tried to emulate Python's import. I do not know whether Python uses
> RTLD_GLOBAL when importing libraries or not.

Sorry for bothering you with this problem. The RTLD_GLOBAL hint was very helpful and helped me to solve this problem with my wrappers. One has to set this flag for Python as well because it uses RTLD_LOCAL as default.

Thanks for pointing me into the right direction,
Jan