RE: gcc warnings

>>             I have, from my point of view, strange problem. I want to
>tell gcc to report all compilation warnings, especially warnings about
>assigment from variable of greater type to variable with smaller type.
For >example, when I write following code and compile it with next
command no >warning is reported:

>> c++ -o test test.cpp -Wall -Wextra -Wconversion -pedantic
>>
>You don't say anything about what problem you encounter, or what
>platform you use.  Your source code doesn't look like a suitable
>replacement for a test command which may be implemented in your shell,
>so it would be simpler to choose a non-conflicting name.

I don't understand you. My problem is, that I am not able to force gcc
to report warnings when I assign bigger type to smaller type. So I
decided to ask someone to help me or give me any explanations of this
behaviour.

Jiri Humpolicek

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. This email contains confidential information. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any party other than the intended recipient. Any unauthorised distribution, dissemination or copying of this E-mail or its attachments, and/or any use of any information contained in them, is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender directly via email. Any emails that you send to us may be monitored by systems or persons other than the named communicant for the purposes of ascertaining whether the communication complies with the law and company policies.