Re: disable gcc optimization of some parts of code...

jonatan perry wrote:
Hi,
I have some arithmetic calculation  that the GCC optimizer  optimize
(e.g. a=8+8 become a=16....). who can I disable it from doing that on
some of the parts in the code? something like MACRO commands.... if
you have any other ideal I'll be happy to hear...

Factor your code so that the part you don't want optimized appears in it's own unit (e.g. .o file) and build makefile that turns off optimization for that object.

Alternatively, and probably more appropriate, just debug why the optimizer is causing problems and fix the bug in your code (or report a gcc bug).

Tom