Re: libgcc.a not built with -msoft-float when --with-float=soft specified for ARM-ELF target (__divsi3 problem etc.)

On 9/29/07, Boris Dušek <boris.dusek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:> Hi,>> I have successfully built binutils and gcc, both for the arm-elf> target. Programs not requiring integer division (only multiply or plus> or minus) arithmetic operation compile right.> However I have one program doing integer division and in the resulting> object file, there are references to functions like __divsi3 etc.,> which I believe are to make the integer division possible.>
I solved the problem - I specified "--with-arch=armv5" with gcc'sconfigure, which ensures that the built arm-elf cross-compiler willcompile for armv5 by default, which has to use software FP, probablyper restrictions of the target architecture. And since the builtcross-compiler is used to build libgcc.a, libgcc.a is built with"-march=armv5", because that's the default when you don't specify any"-march" (which is the case for building libgcc.a as part of gccbuild). This works for me.
Boris