Re: Compiler options for PowerPC

Hi,

Segher Boessenkool <segher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This "clrlwi" instruction belongs to some extended mnemonics of the PowerPC ISA and it seems that the simulator I'm using doesn't support
these instructions.

Extended mnemonics compile to the same opcodes as some basic
mnemonic does.

Thank you, I didn't know that.

If your simulator doesn't support the actual instruction, rlwinm
in this case, you better get it fixed.

The rlwinm instruction of course is supported. I accidentally thought
the clrlwi instruction was the problem but it turned out that in fact
the simulator aborts when executing the dcbt instruction.
This instruction is a cache prefetch instruction.

Is there a compiler option for disabling the dcbt instruction and similar cache control instructions?

Best regards
Jakob