Re: How to change CR/LF to LF when compile gcc-4.1.2 in Mingw32 in Windows XP

haibin zhang <dragzhb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Whne I compile m4-1.4.X using gcc-4.1.2 in Mingw32 in
> Windows XP, it can be compiled, but Can't be used(It
> can be  used with gcc-2.95.3).
>
> I asked mingw office team, they told me that this
> error is in  CR/LF, gcc-2.95.3  I/O
> defaults to binary, with LF only line endings, but
> gcc-4.1.2 default is text, hence CRLF line endings.
>
> How can I change source code in gcc-4.1.X from
> "default is text, hence CRLF line endings" to
> "defaults to binary, with LF only line endings"

If I understand correctly, what you want to change is the behaviour of
code compiled with gcc.  gcc itself does not control how the code
compiled with gcc should handle I/O.  This is controlled by the
library you are using, which is not part of gcc.  It seems from the
other text you quoted that the difference is between msys and mingw,
not gcc 2.95.3 and gcc 4.1.2.  If you want to change the behaviour of
mingw to match that of msys, then you need to talk to the mingw
developers to find out how to do that.  See http://mingw.org/.

Ian