Compiler options for PowerPC

Hi,

I want to use a simulator for the PowerPC750 CPU (microlib.org/projects/ppc750sim/). I've built a crosscompiler
for the PPC750 on my x86_64 machine. I've accomplished to produce
binaries which can be executed by the simulator. Desperately
simulator fails with an error when the instruction "clrlwi" should be
executed in some glibc function which is executed before the main
function of my program.
This "clrlwi" instruction belongs to some extended mnemonics of the PowerPC ISA and it seems that the simulator I'm using doesn't support
these instructions.
Do you know a gcc option which turns off these extended instructions?
This way I could recompile the glibc so it doesn't contain the unsupported
instructions.

Best regards
Jakob