Re: -Bgroup?

Henry <dimensiondude.oss@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am trying to use -Bgroup, but it doesn't seem to be working. For
> example, I have libA and libB and they both have function theFunc().
> What is happening is that a function in either library will theFunc()
> > From whichever library was loaded first. The behavior I would like
> > is
> for if a function in libA calls theFunc(), it calls libA's theFunc(),
> and if a function in libB calls theFunc(), it calls libB's theFunc().
> As I understand it, -Bgroup is supposed to do this, but it doesn't
> seem to do anything. Does it not work with C++?

I don't know what -Bgroup is.  Also, you didn't mention what type of
system you are using.

Are libA and libB shared libraries?  If so, you can get the behaviour
you want by controlling the visibility of theFunc.  Or you can use
-Bstatic when you create libA.so and libB.so.

If libA and libB are static libraries, then there is no way to make
this work, at least not on a GNU/Linux or other Unix system.

Ian