Is fastcall broken?

I have gcc 4.0.2 and 4.1.2 and in the one particular case if I use the
fastcall attribute valgrind reports a bunch of errors, and I get a
segmentation fault, for which fastcall is key. But I believe it is more than
just key, I believe the fastcall attribute to be the cause, since when I run
valgrind on my app w/out fastcall, or in a 64-bit environment, valgrind
doesn't report anything wrong.
   I'm using the fastcall attribute in 3 places. One is this stand-alone
function, and the other two are pure virtual methods of a class. Oddly
enough, the pure virtuals aren't giving me any trouble at all (since I'm
very caseful to declare the overrides with like attributes). In all cases
the full attributes declaration is: __attribute__((const, nothrow,
fastcall)).
   Could I be using fastcall wrong, or is it just a dangerous attribute to
work with?