Re: Building gcc error

Gabriel E Rovira Palm wrote:
I need help on the below error.

I am getting the following error during the building of gcc "Make:
line 1252 syntax error". I looked at the Makefile and everything seems
fine. I am trying to build the native and I use the following command
for the configuration "/usr/local/bin/gcc3/configure
-prefix=/opt/gcc/gcc- 3.2.2 -program-sufix=-3.2 -with-as=/usr/ccs/bin
-enable-nls" and the configure goes well, is when I execute the "make
bootstrap" I get the above error.

Should I get the make form GNU to build the GCC or can I use the make
from tht eOS

HP-UX 11.11
Although I haven't built for HPUX for a long time, it always used to be necessary to use gnu make. However, putting so many errors in the configure command could still kill it. Better to leave out options rather than misspell them.