Re: debian gcc produces hello*

Ron,

You're welcome.  After I read your note, I used bash to run a "hello"
program that lived in my home directory.  Since that directory was, and
is still, in my path, I didn't need to type "./hello" when I ran the
program.

By the way, I usually use tcsh instead of bash, so I invoked bash when
tcsh when I got tcsh's command prompt.

Bill