Re: query regarding LLVM

"manish manish" <compilerguru@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Can anyone please tell me, is GNU have any plan to integrate gcc with llvm?

There are currently no such plans.  gcc is owned by the Free Software
Foundation, which requires a copyright assignment or disclaimer for
all changes.  The copyright to LLVM is owned by the University of
Illinois.  I believe there has been some effort toward obtaining the
required assignment or disclaimer, but no success.

Even if the copyright assignment were obtained, there would still be
some technical obstacles.  But I certainly think it would be
interesting to try if the legal obstacles could be overcome.

Ian