Re: "call Puts / int80"

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 01:56:25PM +0200, Erich_B@xxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I´m trying a little bit around with assembler and linux, and I have some questions...
>
> To use some "Linux-API" for example to print a message on the terminal its possible to call int 80 to do this in assembler.

   You'll be better off asking this sort of question on e.g. the newsgroup
comp.os.linux.programmer. Also, try googling for "linux syscall assembler"
or related search terms. The search result
<URL:http://asm.sourceforge.net/articles/linasm.html> looks like what you're
looking for.

> My question is, does anyone know the assembler code that gcc use to print a message on the terminal ?

   Use the option -S (or -S -dp) to see the assembler code. Note that it has
little to do with what you're asking about.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen