Re: Building GCC 4.2.0 fails on Linux x86-64

Hi!

Andrew Haley wrote:
> See `config.log' for more details.
Good point. I'll try to really *read* error messages next time..

However, according to the log, two libraries were in fact missing:
libgmp and libmpfr. This seems a bit odd to me since GCC 4.2.0 compiled
just fine on OSX where these libs are definitely not installed. After
installing these libraries, the build still fails with the same error
and there are no errors or warnings in the config.log. The last entry in
the config.log says:

	configure:7345: gcc -c -g -O2 -fkeep-inline-functions  conftest.c 1>&5

So I guess, this is the command which failed to produce a runnable
binary. I wanted to take a look at this conftest.c, but there is no such
file in the source tree.

Hints?

Best regards,

Alexander Wieder