Re: Doc is misleading

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Matthew Woehlke writes:
I don't care if it gives a 500 page dissertation on the meaning of
life. :-) 'info gcc' says this:

<quote>
  You can mix options and other arguments.  For the most part, the order
you use doesn't matter.  Order does matter when you use several options
of the same kind; for example, if you specify `-L' more than once, the
directories are searched in the order specified.
</quote>

...which IMO is misleading and should be fixed. While it might be nice
if we did, I don't think it is critical that we explain things here in
depth, as long as we /avoid/ giving the impression that no explanation
is needed, and that things work a particular way /which is wrong/. Two
or three sentences would be a great convenience, but even just /one/
could save a lot of headaches.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I just committed this patch to help avoid
this problem in future releases.

Awesome, thanks Ian! I had to read it twice to fully catch it, but your wording "the *placement* of [-l]..." is actually a /very/ good way of saying this :-).

--
Matthew
"I can hear you / just barely hear you / I can just barely hear you"