Re: Problem when using optimization on aix 5.2 and gcc 4.1.1

Thomas Mittelstaedt writes:
 > On Mon, 21 May 2007 19:16:14 +0200, Andrew Haley
 > <aph-gcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 > > I suggest, to begin with, that you try running your program under
 > > Valgrind.  Also, be very sure to compile your program with -Wall and
 > > fix whatever warnings you come across.
 >
 > valgrind on aix? Don't think so.

Sorry, didn't notice that.

 > Compiling with -Wall is not easy for us right now, too. There simply are
 > too many!! :-(

Well, that's your clue, isn't it?

 > Could there be a problem with our build of libstdc++?

Oh, of course that's possible.  But here we have to deal in
probabilities.  While it is possible that libstdc++ is at fault, the
fact that the senistivity to optimization is when building your
program, not when building libstdc++, suggests otherwise.

Andrew.