Re: which gcc to use on mac os x version 10.3.9

On Sunday 13 May 2007, Stefan Wengenroth wrote:
> in the mirror sites are many tar.gz, but I don^t understand,
> if there is on, which I can use to buils on my mac os x.

Use the gcc which comes as part of XCode 1.5, provided by Apple
on a CD with your Mac. I think it's on the "Mac OS X Install
Disc 2".

Alternatively, download it from Apple. This page tells you how
to find it (third post down):
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=56599 (it's
not particularly easy to find - searching Apple's site
for "XCode 1.5" finds you a download page for XCode 2.4.1
(which works only on Mac OS X.4.x), but not for XCode 1.5!
Basically, once you've logged in to Developer Connection,
click "Developer Tools" in the "Downloads" side-bar, and XCode
1.5 is there, some way down the page, under "XCode Tools 1.5".

HTH,

--
Bill Gallafent.