linking after -freorder-blocks-and-partition was used

Hello,

I'm having a hard time getting -freorder-blocks-and-partition to work as
expected.

This optimization flag, used with __builtin_expect() to provide branch
prediction hints, produces an object file that groups uncommon code
blocks in a separate section called ".text.unlikely". However, when I
further link the object file with other object files I get an executable
that is missing the ".text.unlikely" section.

I am first running with -fprofile-generate, then running the executable,
and then recompiling with -fprofile-use. I see the ".text.unlikely"
section in an intermediate object file, but not in the final executable.

Is this a bug ? I tested with gcc4.1.1/ld2.17.

Thanks for any help.
Kristis