Re: put the process running in background

Hi VOLTER,

Your questions are off-topic for this forum.

I do not say this to chastise you.  I say it because you will probably be
able to get better accuracy, deeper knowledge, and faster answers on a more
appropriate forum.

To run a program in the background, with the bash shell, you can do this:

myapp &

If you want to run it in the background disconnected from your current
session (so if you exit your bash shell, the app stays running) you can do
this:

(myapp &) </dev/null >/dev/null 2>/dev/null

That's the "quick and dirty" way of spinning up a daemon process.

HTH,
--Eljay