Re: Dumping Gimple After Optimization

On 4/5/07, Mostafa Shahto <mshahto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've tried -fdump-tree-all before, and yes, I'm getting different types of
files, including Gimple. But in the gimple file, there is no Copy
Propagation Optimization or CSE. How can i get an optimized (all possible
optimizations) gimple file or gimple-like file??
I'm new to developing under Linux, so regarding you advice, I've run the
following command (my C++ file is mm4x4.cpp):
$gcc mm4x4.cpp -fdump-tree-all tmp.c -o mm4x4
But i'm getting an error about tmp.c. Is this what Andrew ment with tmp.c?
or does tmp.c stand for something else? Because I really need the SSA file
too.

if you do gcc mm4x4.cpp -fdump-tree-all -o mm4x4, you should get a
bunch of files named mm4x4.cpp.<dump file number>.<pass name>

Most passes dump the IR as it looks after their pass.
Any of the passes in the middle are dumps that are in SSA form.

Btw, Thank you Andrew
Thank you,
Mostafa Shahto