Re: How to dump all the optimization flags enabled?

Vladimir Simonov writes:

 > Andrew Haley wrote:
 > > Wei Hu writes:
 > >  > Hello,
 > >  >
 > >  > Is there a way to tell gcc to print out all the effective optimization
 > >  > flags when it compiles a C file?
 > >  > I know the manual tells you what flags are set at different
 > >  > optimization levels, but I'm still looking for an answer to my
 > >  > question because it will be useful to my project.
 > >
 > > Yes.  -fverbose-asm dumps the flags to the .s file.
  >
 > Sorry, if probably a bit offtopic from subj.
 >
 > I've created flags lists for -O0 and -O2,
 > made diff (see attach) and built my project
 > both with -O0 and -O2 -fno-{all options marked by + in diff}.
 >
 > I've expected that results(binaries) will be equal.
 > But they are different.
 >
 > Are my expectations correct?
 > Or -O0 and -O2 -fno-{all options marked
 > by + in diff} are not the same?

I don't really understand your question, but if you're asking "if I
set all individual optimization flags but don't set -O, will that
still optimize?" the answer is no.  If you're asking "f I unset all
individual optimization flags but set -O2, will that be the same as
-O0", the answer is no.

Andrew.

--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 3798903