Re: Why a specific gcc runtime is needed?

Lin George <george4academic@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Do you think to link with static libc is a solution? I know how to
> link with a static library by using -static. My question is how to
> link with libc static library, because I have never done it before
> -- I think there must be something special for link with libc
> itself. I am wondering where is the location of the libc static lib?
> what should be the lib name, something like this -- all specific to
> libc itself.

(Please don't top post.  Thanks.)

If you link with a static libc, then you will not have to worry about
running the program on a program with a different dynamic libc.

To link with a static libc, just link with -static.  You don't have to
do anything else.  That will link with libc.a rather than libc.so.

Ian