Re: g77=>gfortran ?

Martin Gruenewald wrote:
Hello;

I have a large body of code which I compile with g77 (gcc 3).

However, in gcc 4, g77 is now replaced by gfortran which is a F95 but not a F77 compiler. Is it possible to compile F77 code with gfortran such that the compiled code is equivalent to a g77 compilation? What are the compiler options?

I looked at the manual of gfortran which states that sometime
"in the future" variants of fortran other than F95 (such as
F77) "may be supported" (section 10).

gfortran doesn't support an exclusively f77 mode, nor was g77 normally used in such a mode. One of the goals of gfortran is to support all correctly implemented features of g77. It should already support all f77 syntax, along with most g77 extensions. Failure to do so would be a reportable bug. So, you would have to make sure you are using at least the current release (4.1.1) and file bug reports on your problems, if any.