Re: gcc core gcc++

alexandre_serra wrote:

> I would like for help in configure GCC core and GCC ++ for a native
> installing.
>
> I unpactted
>
> gcc-core-4.1.1.tar and
>
> gcc-g++-4.1.1.tar
>
> in a same directory named D:\GCC. After that, I have done the following
> prompt commands:
>
> D:\objdir
> D:\cd objdir
> D:\GCC\gcc-4.1.1\gcc/configure
>
> and have received the following warning:
>
> D:\GCC\gcc-4.1.1\gcc/configure is not recognized as an internal or external
> command, an executeble program or a batch file.
>
> Even if I did
>
> D:\GCC\gcc-4.1.1/configure
>
> Then I receive the same warning.

It looks like you are on Windows.  In order to run configure and build
the compiler you need to use Cygwin or MinGW+MSYS.  You can't just
unpack the source and try to run it from a Windows command prompt.

In general, if you just want to use a compiler you should install
binaries and not try to build from source.  Getting a working gcc on
Windows is as easy as running Cygwin setup.exe and selecting gcc, or
running the MinGW installer.  I highly recommend you forget about
building it from source unless you really know what you're doing.

Brian