Re: [Fwd: Re: bounds checking a GCC program]

The issue that I had to solve by arduously single-stepping
through a complex program (took a week) turned out to
be a pointer stepping outside of pre-determined places
within a single-dimensional array; that is, the pointer
stayed within the overall array but stepped outside of
determined areas within the array and this resulted
in the clobbering of areas elsewhere.

Having bounds checking that tells me when it stepped
out of the overall array would not have helped.

What is needed is something that says has it stepped
out of a pre-defined area within a single array.

My application is written in C and maintains its own
stack which is what was clobbered.

Stuart