Re: [Fwd: Re: bounds checking a GCC program]

On 12/6/06, Tim Prince <timothyprince@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stuart Cracraft wrote:
> Hi - I have a complex C program that needs to be bounds-checked
> according to others in the particular sub-field.
>
> Is there a bounds checker for GCC? I run GCC 4.1.
>
> Thanks ahead,

Read about -fbounds-check in 'info gcc'

It seems to support only Java and Fortran, right?
-fbounds-check
For front-ends that support it, generate additional code to check that
indices used to access arrays are within the declared range. This is
currently only supported by the Java and Fortran 77 front-ends, where
this option defaults to true and false respectively.

Which doesn't fit OP requirements.

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk
http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm
PhD Student @ ECS