Re: Regarding malloc()

h2005422@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Respected sir:
Thank for your reply.As i am working on generational garbage collector for
c language.I want to partition the heap into three generation and than i
want the malloc function such that it allocate the data object with in the
range in which i want.For that i have to write my malloc fuction.So i want
the real behaviour of malloc function.Kindly help me out to make partition
with in the heap than modify the malloc function for the specific range.

Malloc is part of libc.  On Linux, this is glibc.
Another implementation of malloc can be found in newlib.
A quick search will give you locations where you can
download the sources for either.

Please put spaces between sentences.  Also feel free to put
spaces between paragraphs, as appropriate.

--
Michael Eager	 eager@xxxxxxxxxxxx
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077