RE: Need help with installing gcc

Tong Wang wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your help, but it doesn't work for me.   Here's my
> complete question,  I am trying to install ATLAS (Automatically
> Tuned Linear Algebra Software) on my computer,  thus need this old
> version of gcc.

Right. As Tim said, since that version of GCC doesn't even recognise cygwin
it won't have any support to target it - you aren't going to build a native
2.7.2.3 for cygwin without a lot of effort. (Which is why I assumed you were
building a cross-compiler to something it does support.)

I don't see anything on the ATLAS website or in the latest stable release
(3.60) that says you require 2.7.2.3. So you might have more luck with a
newer version from here:

    http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/

unless you've got some other requirement for 2.7.2.3. For what it's worth
I've just successfully built ATLAS 3.60 on a Linux system with gcc 3.4.5.

Rup.