Re: Reg seg. violations

Maybe another problem is that getenv() expects a pointer, not a string
literal.  It seems to me although a pointer can point to a string
literal, a string literal can't point to anything.  If I'm mistaken,
would someone please say so?

Vivek Katakam wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I  am mainly getting segmentation violation at this code in strlen and
strcpy:

>  printf("Content-type: text/html\n\n");
> line_buffer = (char *) malloc(strlen(getenv("QUERY_STRING")) + 1);
> strcpy(line_buffer, getenv("QUERY_STRING"));
>
> at strlen and strcpy when QUERY_STRING is not set .
> Is there a way to handle this? there are a lot of such occurrences.
>
> Regards,
> Vivek

"Pro-choice?"  Then click here.
http://cathinsight.com/morality/saying.htm

"Men must look for the peace of Christ in the Kingdom of Christ... When
once men recognize, both in private and in public life, that Christ is
King, society will at last receive the great blessings of real liberty,
well-ordered discipline, peace and harmony."  Pope Pius XI