Re: GCC 3.x or 4.x with Checker

Darryl Miles writes:
 > What ever happened to the Checker GCC
 > (http://www.gnu.org/software/checker/) that was around towards GCC
 > 2.8/EGCS 2.95 time frame.
 >
 > I have searched the list and found some references to valgrind package
 > which is another angle on tackling similar bugs, however it runs the
 > resulting code under a CPU emulator.  I already have legacy code which
 > can be built with gcc-checker and would like to reuse all that work to
 > investigate new bugs.

I don't know what happened to the original checkergcc only that it has
not been maintained for many years.  There is now a "mudflap" memory
checking option in GCC -- it does a similar job:

 http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.0/gcc/Optimize-Options.html#index-mudflap-494

--
best regards,

Brian Gough