Re: Stability of GCC 4.1 & gprof question

David Carter-Hitchin wrote:
Hi,
a) Can anyone say if GCC 4.1 is production ready now? I heard about some issues with 4.0, so hopefully 4.1 might be mature enough. Platform would be RHEL3 with Opteron if that is relevant. b) Is this the right mailing list for help gprof - I tried to find such a thing dedicated to gprof but could find one. My question is that when profiling code which loads shared objects, do the shared objects get profiled, or do you have to do something special to get them profiled?
Thanks,
David.

The gcc people are are in the final stages of getting an official release out for 4.1, so obviously they are fairly happy with it. A release candidate is available for wannabe testers.