Re: M32C gcc status / infos

> - Do you think the M32C port is stable enough for usage in
> non-critical applications?

The m32c port is relatively new, but we have tested it fairly well.
I'd expect you'd run into a few bugs here and there just because it's
new (or maybe not :), but you do have the developer here to help ;-)

> - How can I get a gcc version supporting the M32C? Is there a patch
> against 4.0.2? Shall I use the pre 4.1.0 version from CVS? What
> would you suggest?

You would need the gcc version from CVS.  The 4.0 series does not
support the m32c.  Likewise, you'll need the CVS version of binutils
and newlib.

> - Are there any issues when compiling this version for mingw or
> - cygwin?

Not that I'm aware of, although we only test cygwin.

> - I am not really sure, but I believe that the M32C supports
> efficient accesses to single bits or bitfields within hardware
> registers of the M32C and that the IAR compiler supports these
> accesses. Is there something similar available for the gcc?

If you're referring to the BSET/BCLR opcodes, no, gcc does not yet
support them.  I looked at this a while back, and discovered that GCC
was explicitly avoiding them for volatile single-bit bitfields, but
didn't have time to resolve that.